Call for Projects, Productions, and Proposals
The Verona Shakespeare Fringe Festival seeks productions and project proposals for its 2022 Festival, scheduled for August 22-28 in Verona. Held simultaneously with the Shakespeare and the Mediterranean Summer School, and organised by the Skenè Centre at the University of Verona in collaboration with the Municipality of Verona and the “Estate teatrale” including the Verona Shakespeare Festival at the Roman Theatre, the Fringe is at once lab, studio, crucible, incubator, hothouse, and platform. The Verona Shakespeare Fringe Festival values experimentation and conversation, expression and debate, and the lively exchange of ideas.
The Verona Shakespeare Fringe Festival seeks proposals that fit the Festival’s vision for new, untried, untested, and/or innovative Shakespearean productions or adaptations, and animated by some combination of the following:
- New, original, and/or experimental approaches to Shakespeare’s plays and poetry
- Artists, researchers, and companies engaged in intercultural, multi-lingual, or otherwise international work
- Devised Theatre
- International co-productions
- Intersectional work in terms of live and digital performance
- World Premiere performances
- Intergenerational work
This year’s Festival will be presented at Teatro Camploy, which beautifully combines a nineteenth-century structure with modern architecture, in the heart of Verona. Festival participants will engage with students, scholars, audience members, and other artists in a rich exchange of performances, classes, and social events.
Apply to Perform at the 2022 Verona Shakespeare Fringe Festival
The call is open to Italian and international individuals or groups of professional theatre and performing arts. The Festival accepts applications for both original works that have not been performed yet, and works that have already been on stage. Each group or individual can submit only one proposal.
The Festival will take place at Teatro Camploy in Verona from 22 to 28 August, and will be part of Estate Teatrale Veronese 2022.
The Festival’s conditions and provisions include the following:
- The venue, fully equipped.
- Up to 2,000 Euros for each company or group of artists, plus 50% of ticket proceeds.
- Reduced rates for accommodations and meals at the University canteen.
- Open-access interviews and Q&A sessions.
- Video recordings of the shows and of the Q&A sessions freely available online.
- Information on the website for ground transport.
- The organisation and promotion of the event.
- The Festival does not provide further honoraria, stipends, or other kinds of payment for artists or organizers of the individual. companies.
DEADLINE: please provide production proposals by February 15, 2022
Please consider joining us in Verona in August, to engage with the truly unique possibilities afforded by THE VERONA SHAKESPEARE FRINGE FESTIVAL!
For further information, please contact: email@example.com
Submissions must include:
§ Artistic curriculum of the company or the artist;
§ Artistic schedule of the performance;
§ Technical rider of the performance;